The New York State Social Work Education Association (NYSSWEA) is a statewide organization whose purpose is:
· To provide a forum for social work faculty, deans and directors, field instructors, students, practitioners and administrators to exchange information regarding social work education and related issues.
· To identify needs, issues and concerns central to social work education, as well as appropriate responses to those needs.
· To advocate on behalf of the social work education community.
· To promote, encourage, and support activities that provide a greater understanding of the profession of social work and the role and contributions of social work educators.
Sponsors an Annual Conference
The annual Fall 2018 Conference begins with a “Social” gathering at 7:30pm on the 3rd of October and ends after the Friday Luncheon on October 5th. It will be held at the Holiday Inn in Saratoga Springs.
The theme is... TBD
Call for Papers submit papers electronically (click here)
Schedule of Events TBD
Social Work programs from across New York State gather in Albany to collectively advocate on issues determined by the collaboration of NASW and NYSSWEA.
The next advocacy day is March 21, 2018 - issues on the agenda are:
1. Social Work Investment Initiative (#InvestinSocialWork)
2. Banning Conversion Therapy (#BornPerfect)
Programs will also advocate for locally relevant issues with their legislators.
Cultivates Leadership of Students and New Professionals
Through conference presentations, legislative advocacy activities and Board membership, students and new professionals are afforded opportunities to develop leadership skills.
We must never lose sight of our responsibility to ensure that people in need will be served by those competent to help them with their problems...
New York State Social Work Education Association